I would say parenting has been the hardest job I have ever had and the hardest thing I have ever done, but the most rewarding. It is a long process of at least a couple of decades of life investment. There is no handbook or specific guide. However, there are Biblical principles to help. Some principles we keep at the forefront are these:
- Preferring one another
- Obedience to Mom & Dad is obedience to God
- We are in Christ and have a new identity
- Jesus paid for our sin
- Live in light of eternity
- Our family mission – be a light & share the Gospel
- The Bible is the basis of truth and reality
- God is working for our good – He Protects us, Provides for us, and Loves & Forgives us
Almost every moment can be used as a teachable moment. Throughout the blog I will be sharing how we have used normal life situations with our kids to reinforce these principles. Jeremy and I are not perfect. We do not have a perfect marriage nor are we perfect parents. That said, God is training us to disciple our kids and train them to Follow in His Steps.
I Peter 2:21
For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.